Newsboat, a fork of Newsbeuter, is a free, open source RSS/Atom feed reader for text consoles. It supports GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and other Unix-like operating systems. Compared to other slow and huge amount of memory consumed RSS feed readers, Newsboat is the best choice for anyone who are looking for a simple, slick and fast feed reader that can be completely managed via keyboard.
Concerning about the features, we can list the following:
- Subscribe to RSS 0.9x, 1.0, 2.0 and Atom feeds.
- Download podcasts.
- Configure your keyboard shortcuts as per your wish.
- Search through all downloaded articles.
- Categorize and query your subscriptions with a flexible tag system.
- Integrate any data source through a flexible filter and plugin system.
- Automatically remove unwanted articles through a “killfile”.
- Define “meta feeds” using a powerful query language.
- Synchronize newsboatr with your bloglines.com account.
- Import and exporting your subscriptions with the widely used OPML format.
- Customize the look and feel of Newsboat as per your liking.
- Keep all your feeds in sync with Google Reader.